From offices in downtown Vancouver and Victoria, WA Architects Ltd. provides a full range of architectural, planning and interior design services. With more than forty years of practice in Western Canada, our firm is widely recognized for expertise in retail, residential, mixed-use, office and senior health-care projects. We are dedicated to high quality design, exceptional client service and the incorporation of sustainable design principles in our projects.
We are seeking a Canadian Registered Architect, Architectural Graduate, or Senior Technologist to coordinate projects and run project teams from either our Vancouver or Victoria office with the required skills and expertise:
- Graduate of a certified Building Technology or Architectural program in a professionally recognized institution.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ relevant experience in the Canadian Architectural Industry (BC experience preferred).
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience including the coordination of a team during design and construction documents preparation.
- Multi-disciplinary experience, specifically townhomes, mixed use residential and multi-family residential, both new designs and renovations
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction.
- Demonstrate design sensibilities while being pragmatic and efficient in the production of working drawings.
- Broad skillset and proven ability to run projects independently;
- In-depth knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3 and ASHRAE 90.1 (understanding of NECB would be an asset).
- Understanding of sustainable design considerations.
- Familiarity with municipal approval processes.
- Experience providing construction services and conducting field reviews.
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD, and working knowledge of Revit and Sketchup.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with all stakeholders including: engineers, clients, designers and contractors
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral.
- Ability to meet challenges head-on, manage priorities and meet tight deadlines while demonstrating flexibility and a high level of resourcefulness
- Ability to articulate alignment with our WA Guiding Principles
- Cultivated problem solving skills and self-motivated to move projects forward.
What we offer:
- Engaging and energetic work environment with an approachable management/ownership team.
- We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, social activities outside the office and annual Family Day picnics.
- We provide group health benefits, on-site gym facilities and a hybrid work schedule
What we’re about:
- We value honesty, integrity, communication, leadership, and design excellence.
- We work hard for our clients to deliver projects that go beyond their expectations and have them coming back for more.
- We foster our values with an open-door policy and a hard working yet casual approach to our business.
- We go beyond with our support of non-profit organizations and causes in our community. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate as a team in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
Enough about us. If you feel like you’re a good fit with WA, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected]. Include your name and the position, Senior Project Manager (Vancouver), in the subject of your email. We thank all who apply, but will only be contacting applicants who meet all of our requirements.
WA Architects is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and equal opportunity for all applicants. If you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process, please let us know and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.