From offices in downtown Victoria and Vancouver, WA Architects Ltd. provides a full range of architectural, planning and interior design services. With more than forty years of practice in Western Canada, our firm is widely recognized for expertise in retail, residential, mixed-use, office and senior health-care projects. A recent Georgie Award Winner for high quality and building excellence, we are dedicated to exceptional client service and the incorporation of sustainable design principles in our projects.
We have an opening for an Intermediate – Senior Technologist in our Victoria office with the following required skills and expertise:
• Minimum 8+ years’ of relevant experience with a British Columbia Architectural firm;
• Completion of a certified Building Technology or Architectural program in a professionally recognized institution;
• Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction, for low-rise and mid-rise projects;
• Familiarity with municipal approvals processes;
• Knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3 and ASHRAE 90.1;
• Experience in a variety of project types, including multi-family residential, mixed use, retail, and office;
• High level of proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp and Photoshop;
• Understanding of sustainable design considerations;
• Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to effectively coordinate with clients, consultants, and Municipal staff; and
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills in English.
We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, annual Family Day picnics, a comfortable work environments, and employee anniversary recognition, to name a few.
We go beyond with our support of non-profit organizations and causes. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
WA Architects Ltd. offers a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities.
Please email your resume and samples of your work in PDF format to email@example.com. Include your name and the position, “Intermediate – Senior Technologist (Victoria)”, in the subject of your email.