Yes, WA offers a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities, like other firms but at WA we’re different.
- The WA Team is engaged, energetic, and involved in the community.
- We work hard for our clients to deliver projects that go beyond their expectations and have them coming back for more.
- We are a team. We support each other to create success for everyone, which makes us stronger as a company.
- Our Management/Ownership team is approachable and easily accessible.
- We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, annual Family Day picnics, holiday parties, a comfortable work environment, and employee anniversary recognition, to name a few.
- We value honesty, integrity, communication, leadership, and design excellence. We foster our values with an open-door policy (the only doors we have belong to our meeting rooms) and a hard working yet casual approach to our business.
- We have a coordinated COVID-19 Office Safety Protocol to keep our staff and their families safe including flexibility around working from home and the office during this current pandemic.
We go beyond with our support of non-profit organizations and causes. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate as a team in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
Enough about us. If you feel like you’re a good fit with WA, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
From offices in downtown Vancouver and Victoria, WA Architects Ltd. provides a full range of architectural, planning and interior design services. With more than thirty years of practice in Western Canada, our firm is widely recognized for expertise in retail, residential, mixed-use, office and senior health-care projects. We are dedicated to high quality design, exceptional client service and the incorporation of sustainable design principles in our projects.
We have an immediate opening for a Technologist with Wood Frame experience to join our team in our Vancouver office. To be considered for this role, you will be required to have:
- Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience with a British Columbia or Alberta Architectural firm.
- Completion of a certified Building Technology or Architectural program in a professionally recognized institution.
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology with wood frame for low-rise and mid-rise projects.
- Familiarity with municipal approvals processes.
- Knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3, Part 9, and ASHRAE 90.1.
- Field review and construction period services experience.
- Experience in a variety of project types, including multi-family residential, retail, and office.
- High level of proficiency in AutoCad, SketchUp and Photoshop (experience with Revit would be an asset)
- Understanding of sustainable design considerations.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to effectively coordinate with clients, consultants, and Municipal staff.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills in English.
Please email your resume, samples of your work in PDF format, a minimum of two professional references, and salary expectations to [email protected]. Include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject of your email.