From offices in downtown Victoria and Vancouver, WA Architects Ltd. provides a full range of architectural, planning and interior design services. With more than forty years of practice in Western Canada, our firm is widely recognized for expertise in retail, residential, mixed-use, office and senior health-care projects. A recent Georgie Award Winner for high quality and building excellence, we are dedicated to exceptional client service and the incorporation of sustainable design principles in our projects.
We are seeking a Canadian Registered Senior Architect to coordinate projects and project teams from our Vancouver office with minimal supervision through design development, construction documents preparation, and construction period services. The successful proponent will manage client relationships and team communication and will be responsible for reviewing work and quality control.
Required skills and expertise:
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in the Canadian Architectural Industry;
- Registered as an Architect in Canada, preferably BC;
- Minimum 3 years’ project management experience including the coordination of a team during design and construction documents preparation;
- Multi-disciplinary experience, specifically mixed-use residential, retail and office, both new designs and renovations;
- In-depth knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3 and ASHRAE 90.1 (understanding of NECB would be an asset);
- Experience conducting field reviews;
- Advanced skills in SketchUp and AutoCAD (knowledge of Revit would be an asset);
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral;
- Ability to meet challenges head-on;
- Cultivated problem solving skills.
We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, annual Family Day picnics, a comfortable work environment, and employee anniversary recognition, to name a few.
We go beyond with our support of non-profit organizations and causes. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate as a team in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
WA Architects Ltd. offers a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities.
Please email your resume and samples of your work in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your name and the position, “Senior Architect (Victoria), in the subject of your email. We thank all who apply, and will only be contacting applicants who meet all of our requirements.