Yes, WA offers a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities, like other firms but at WA we’re different.
- The WA Team is engaged, energetic, and involved in the community.
- We work hard for our clients to deliver projects that go beyond their expectations and have them coming back for more.
- We are a team. We support each other to create success for everyone, which makes us stronger as a company.
- Our Management/Ownership team is approachable and easily accessible.
- We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, annual Family Day picnics, holiday parties, a comfortable work environment, and employee anniversary recognition, to name a few.
- We value honesty, integrity, communication, leadership, and design excellence. We foster our values with an open-door policy (the only doors we have belong to our meeting rooms) and a hard working yet casual approach to our business.
- We have a coordinated COVID-19 Office Safety Protocol to keep our staff and their families safe including flexibility around working from home and the office during this current pandemic.
We go beyond with our support of non-profit organizations and causes. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate as a team in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
Enough about us. If you feel like you’re a good fit with WA, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
From offices in downtown Vancouver and Victoria, WA Architects Ltd. provides a full range of architectural, planning and interior design services. With more than thirty years of practice in Western Canada, our firm is widely recognized for expertise in retail, residential, mixed-use, office and senior health-care projects. We are dedicated to high quality design, exceptional client service and the incorporation of sustainable design principles in our projects.
We are seeking a Canadian Registered Senior Architect to lead and coordinate projects and project teams from our Victoria office with minimal supervision through design development, construction documents preparation, and construction period services. The successful proponent will manage client relationships and team communication and will be responsible for reviewing work and quality control.
Required skills and expertise:
Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience in the Canadian Architectural Industry;
- Registered as an Architect in Canada;
- Minimum 5 years’ project management experience including the coordination of a team during design and construction documents preparation;
- Multi-disciplinary experience, specifically mixed use residential, retail and office, both new designs and renovations;
- In-depth knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3 and ASHRAE 90.1 (understanding of NECB would be an asset);
- Experience conducting field reviews;
- Advanced skills in SketchUp and AutoCAD (knowledge of Revit would be an asset);
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral;
- Ability to meet challenges head-on;
- Cultivated problem solving skills.
Applicants should be prepared to provide samples of their work including working drawings and contract administration documents and three professional references, and should be available to start two weeks from acceptance of offer of employment.
We will provide a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities.
Please email your resume, cover letter and salary expectations to [email protected]. Include your name and the position, Senior Architect/Project Manager (Victoria), in the subject of your email. We thank all who apply, but will only be contacting applicants who meet all of our requirements.
PLEASE NOTE THAT AT THIS TIME ONLY THOSE WHO ARE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN CANADA WILL BE CONSIDERED.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE ABILITY TO MEET WITH CLIENTS IN PERSON OR ATTEND SITE VISITS AS REQUIRED.