From offices in downtown Vancouver and Victoria, WA Architects Ltd. provides a full range of architectural, planning and interior design services. With more than forty years of practice in Western Canada, our firm is widely recognized for expertise in retail, residential, mixed-use, office and senior health-care projects. We are dedicated to high quality design, exceptional client service and the incorporation of sustainable design principles in our projects.
We have an opening for an Intermediate Building Technologist in our Vancouver office with the following qualifications:
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience in the Canadian Architectural Industry (BC experience would be an asset)
- Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, non-combustible, residential, mixed-use projects
- Demonstrated experience in production of drawings through Revit models
- Completion of a certified Building Technology or Architectural program in a professionally recognized institution
- Advanced skills in Revit and high level of proficiency in AutoCAD and SketchUp
- Experienced with detailing and solid understanding of sustainable design considerations
- Familiarity with municipal approvals processes
- In-depth knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3 and ASHRAE 90.1 (understanding of NECB would be an asset)
- Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines for multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with mentoring junior technologists would be an asset
- Ability to effectively coordinate with clients, consultants, and Municipal staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a project team setting
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and oral).
- Ability to articulate alignment with our WA Guiding Principles.
What we offer:
- Engaging and energetic work environment with an approachable management/ownership team.
- We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, social activities outside the office and annual Family Day picnics.
- We provide group health benefits, on-site gym facilities and a hybrid work schedule
What we’re about:
- We value honesty, integrity, communication, leadership, and design excellence.
- We work hard for our clients to deliver projects that go beyond their expectations and have them coming back for more.
- We foster our values with an open-door policy and a hard working yet casual approach to our business.
- We go beyond with our support of non-profit organizations and causes in our community. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate as a team in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
Enough about us. If you feel like you’re a good fit with WA, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please email your resume, cover letter and samples of your work, in PDF format, and salary expectations to [email protected]. Include your name and the position, Intermediate Technologist (Vancouver), in the subject of your email. If your experience and skillset meet the requirements of the position, you will be contacted for an interview. We appreciate your interest and to learn more about our firm visit http://www.wa-arch.ca/.
WA Architects is committed to providing a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and equal opportunity for all applicants. If you require any accommodations throughout the recruitment process, please let us know and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate.