Yes, WA offers a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities, like other firms but at WA we’re different.
- The WA Team is engaged, energetic, and involved in the community.
- We work hard for our clients to deliver projects that go beyond their expectations and have them coming back for more.
- We are a team. We support each other to create success for everyone, which makes us stronger as a company.
- Our Management/Ownership team is approachable and easily accessible.
- We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, annual Family Day picnics, holiday parties, a comfortable work environment, and employee anniversary recognition, to name a few.
- We value honesty, integrity, communication, leadership, and design excellence. We foster our values with an open-door policy (the only doors we have belong to our meeting rooms) and a hard working yet casual approach to our business.
- We have a coordinated COVID-19 Office Safety Protocol to keep our staff and their families safe including flexibility around working from home and the office during this current pandemic.
We go beyond with our support of non-profit organizations and causes. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate as a team in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
Enough about us. If you feel like you’re a good fit with WA, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
We have an opening for an BIM Manager with Architectural Technologist Background in our Vancouver office with the following required skills and expertise:
- Proficiency in Autodesk Applications (AutoCAD, REVIT, BIM360 Design, Navisworks, etc.) and complete understanding of IT computer systems and applications
- Ability to create libraries, for families, parametric parameters, work sets, drawing standards
- Understanding of Cloud management for internal and external use
- Ability to manage new technologies and applications
- Experience in training and providing technical support to team members
- Proficiency to detail various building components, including wall assemblies & creation of families
- Advanced knowledge of building envelope principles
- Established knowledge of production of construction documents, including specifications
- Knowledge of DP and BP submissions
- Knowledge of the VBBL, NBCC and BCBC
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Efficiency and time-management abilities
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook (used daily)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
In your role you will be:
- Developing BIM plan for all REVIT projects.
- Generating templates and standards for all REVIT projects
- Setting up initial Revit model parameters, grids, levels etc.
- Revit Coordination between design team, clients, and consultants
- Training or upskilling colleagues in specific software programs, primarily REVIT
- Analyzing architectural plans and drawings, highlighting any possible risks or problems, and making amendments using REVIT
- Regular review and maintenance of all ongoing Revit models.
- Troubleshooting Revit issues and fixing errors.