Yes, WA offers a competitive salary, health benefits and continuing education opportunities, like other firms but at WA we’re different.
- The WA Team is engaged, energetic, and involved in the community.
- We work hard for our clients to deliver projects that go beyond their expectations and have them coming back for more.
- We are a team. We support each other to create success for everyone, which makes us stronger as a company.
- Our Management/Ownership team is approachable and easily accessible.
- We recognize our hard work with Friday afternoon socials, office-wide lunches, annual Family Day picnics, holiday parties, a comfortable work environment, and employee anniversary recognition, to name a few.
- We value honesty, integrity, communication, leadership, and design excellence. We foster our values with an open-door policy (the only doors we have belong to our meeting rooms) and a hard working yet casual approach to our business.
- We have a coordinated COVID-19 Office Safety Protocol to keep our staff and their families safe including flexibility around working from home and the office during this current pandemic.
We go beyond with our support of non-profit organizations and causes. We provide support annually to Drive for the Cure and the Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation. We participate as a team in runs for a cause (ex. Scotiabank 5km) and provide sponsorship throughout the year to organizations within our industry.
Enough about us. If you feel like you’re a good fit with WA, please get in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
We have an opening for an Architectural/Building Technologist in our Victoria office with the following required skills and expertise:
• Minimum 3-5 years’ relevant experience with a British Columbia Architectural firm;
• Completion of a certified Building Technology program in a professionally recognized institution;
• Demonstrated expertise in building technology including wood frame, steel and concrete construction, for a variety of project types: including multi-family residential, mixed use, retail, and office, low and high-rise construction
- Demonstrated ability in assembling working drawings for a variety of project types.
• Familiarity with municipal approvals processes;
• Knowledge of the BC Building Code Part 3, Part 9 and ASHRAE 90.1;
• Demonstrated high level of proficiency in Revit
- Demonstrated ability and proficiency in AutoCAD, SketchUp and Photoshop:
- Understanding of sustainable design considerations;
• Ability to manage priorities and meet tight deadlines;
• Ability to effectively coordinate with clients, consultants, and Municipal staff; and
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills in English.
- Please email your resume, samples of your work in PDF format, a minimum of two professional references, and salary expectations to [email protected]. Include your name and the position, Architectural/ Building Technologist (Victoria), in the subject of your email.